VIBE: Ten reaons to see Twelfth Night…(drum roll)
10. You’re always complaining about how there’s nothing to do.
9. No that you know about it, you have no excuse.
8. Afterwards you’ll be 5 minutes from a drink at 1300 Fillmore.
7. If you’re a single guy, you’ll learn that theater is a grat place to meet intelligent women.
6.African American Shakespeare always does good work.
5. The SF Chronicle gave it a “man in the chair clapping” thumbs up!
4. I’m recommending it.
3. The music, composed by the popular jazz musician and composer Marcus Shelby, is smashing.
2. It’s remarkably entertaining and very funny.
1. You’ll regret that you didn’t, and regret is such an ugly emotion!
Closing African-American Shakespeare Company’s 16th season is a swinging take on TWELFTH NIGHT. Filled with music, magic, and mischief, this glorious new production of Shakespeare’s most musical comedy gets a sultry, song-filled re-setting in the early 1940s. This clever re-imagining combines Shakespeare’s poetry with an original jazz and big band score by renowned Bay Area jazz musician and composer Marcus Shelby, transporting the madcap tale of mismatched lovers, mistaken identities, and melancholy fools to the era of Zoot suits, gangsters, and sultry songstresses